Per Diem RN II - HospitalSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 73684 Date posted 05/18/2016
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Lactation
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem- Variable shifts 9:00am-5:30pm and 2:00pm-10:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Completion of an approved lactation course of study that prepares applicant to take the IBCLC exam
- IBCLC within one to two (1-2) years of lactation consultant hire date or maintenance of IBCLC
- Recent three (3) years of experience in counseling breastfeeding mothers in the hospital post-partum unit or in the NICU setting
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced computer and charting skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Per Diem II RN is for Lactation Consultation at Sharp Mary Birth Hospital for Women and Newborns (SMBHWN). Lactation consultation provides services to patients and family that progresses them towards self-identified and individualized breastfeeding goals. Utilizes the nursing process in the approach to care of patients to promote quality breastfeeding/lactation outcomes. The RN will practice primarily on the Maternal Infant Services (MIS) Unit and float occasionally to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Lactation services are provided primarily on an inpatient basis to a very busy 72-bed mother-baby unit (MIS) and a fast-paced 84-bed NICU. In addition to a high functioning lactation team, SMBHWN has a New Beginnings Boutique, staffed by Certified Lactation Educators, to provide retail accessories, basic education and several support groups to promote a successful breastfeeding experience for expectant and new parents.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. It is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Reaching below shoulder level
Reaching above shoulder level
Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
Lift up to 50 pounds
Push/pull over 100 pounds
Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per Diem RN II, Registered Nurse, IBCLC, Lactation