Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 110340 Date posted: June 08, 2021
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- Women's Recovery
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes. The RN will be recovering OB, GYN and Plastic surgery cases and also caring for newborns during the first 2 hours of life.
The Women’s Recovery Room is a 13-bed unit and 3-bed nursery to provide recovery services post-surgery for the mother and newborn. Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system. In 2013 the hospital earned Prominent Designation as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. It is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem; 12-hour shift, variable shifts, shift starts between 7:00 am -11:00 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Recent two (2) years of Women's PACU or ICU/Trauma experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole