Per Diem RN III - Hospital, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 101695 Date posted: March 13, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- SICU (2W)
- Night Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Per Diem III RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Sharp Memorial Hospital is an intense and fast moving unit. Our primary patient populations are cardiac surgical, major trauma and complex general surgical. We also provide care for a number of patients with a variety of different mechanical assist devices. We pride ourselves in being the best place to work, for patients to receive care and for physicians to bring their patients. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you! The SICU achieved “Silver Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
12-hour, Per Diem III, NOC shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; weekends as needed
(Minimum 6 shifts per 4 weeks, including three weekend shifts, or 2 weekend shifts and 1 Friday shift or 1 Monday shift, and is available to work at least one major and minor holiday per year) - Weekends per PD III requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Per Diem RN III, Registered Nurse, Intensive Care, Surgical Intensive Care, SICU
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole