Per Diem RN III - Hospital
Job ID: 104924 Date posted: September 17, 2020
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- Women's Surgery
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem RN III independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes
As San Diego’s only hospital dedicated to exclusively to women, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns offers a full range of health care services for women at all stages of life – from pregnancy to menopause to healthy aging. More babies enter the world at Sharp Mary Birch than any other hospital in California – about 9,500 each year. Sharp Mary Birch has been recognized as a Magnet® hospital for nursing and patient care excellence, is a certified Baby Friendly birth facility, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is recognized among the best in the world.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Reaching below shoulder level
Reaching above shoulder level
Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
Lift up to 50 pounds
Push/pull over 100 pounds
Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per Diem RN III, Operating Room, Surgery, OR
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego, CA
12- hour shift: 6:30 am -7:00pm. Weekend and call per unit policy.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Current Unencumbered California RN licensure
- Current BLS certification
- Current NRP certification
- Three years of RN experience in an acute care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole