The Pharmacist provides the professional, clinical and technical knowledge, and skills and expertise required for the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital is the largest privately operated psychiatric hospital and premier provider of psychiatric and chemical dependency services in San Diego County. Part of the Sharp Memorial Metropolitan Campus, Sharp Mesa Vista provides comprehensive behavioral health services designed to care for children, adolescents, adults and older adults. Sharp Mesa Vista is a 149-bed acute psychiatric hospital, with 7 separate units and treatment of patients of all ages.
Sharp Mesa Vista has evolved and expanded over the years — having served more than 100,000 individuals. But, the core treatment philosophy still remains the same: to restore the patient to optimal functioning in the shortest amount of time and the most comfortable environment possible. The staff is committed to providing dignified care and treatment to individuals and their families who struggle with serious and persistent mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hours variable shift, weekends as needed.
Variable between hours of 0700 to 2200
Variable days: weekdays and weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current one (1) year Pharmacist experience in a hospital pharmacy environment preferred
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and experience working in a psychiatric facility preferred
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload and technicians
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Board Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist (BCPP)
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency program
- Completion of a PGY2 Psychiatry
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Pharmacists job in San Diego, BCPP, psychiatric pharmacist, PGY2, clinical pharmacist, inpatient psychiatry