Job ID: 92829 Date posted: December 27, 2018
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Pharmacy Jobs
The Pharmacist will provide the professional, clinical and technical knowledge, and skills and expertise required for the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare.
Pharmacy is a 24-hour, seven days a week operation with a decentralized distribution model with PYXIS profile. Sharp Memorial Hospital's Pharmacy offers an excellent clinical program which allows for a very "hands on" approach for our Pharmacists. Our program includes Pharmacokinetics, Antibiotic Surveillance, Nutritional Support, Anti-coagulation, Renal Target and Pain Management. We offer certification in all these areas.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One (1) year current Pharmacist experience in an inpatient hospital pharmacy environment preferred
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload and technicians
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency program (PGY1/PGY2)
- Board Certification as a Specialist (i.e. BCPS, BCCP, BCNSP, BCOP)
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Pharmacist jobs in San Diego, PGY1, PGY2
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”