Job ID: 104165 Date posted: August 14, 2020
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Pharmacy Jobs
The Pharmacist will provide the professional, clinical and technical knowledge, and skills and expertise required for the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare.
Pharmacy is a 24-hour, seven days a week operation with a decentralized distribution model with PYXIS profile. Sharp Memorial Hospital's Pharmacy offers an excellent clinical program which allows for a very "hands on" approach for our Pharmacists. Our program includes Pharmacokinetics, Antibiotic Surveillance, Nutritional Support, Anti-coagulation, Renal Target and Pain Management. We offer certification in all these areas.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One (1) year current Pharmacist experience in an inpatient hospital pharmacy environment preferred
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload and technicians
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- Completion of a Pharmacy Residency program (PGY1/PGY2)
- Completion of a specialized Pharmacy Residency in Transplant (PGY2)
- Board Certification as a Specialist (i.e. BCPS, BCCP, BCNSP, BCOP)
This position will work directly with our interdisciplinary transplant team for about 50% of their shifts in our transplant clinic and on the inpatient transplant floor. The remaining shifts will be responsible for inpatient pharmacy services including but not limited to the following adult patient care areas: cardiovascular, orthopedics, internal medicine, emergency medicine and critical care.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”