PharmacistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77380 Date posted 11/21/2016
Requisition ID: 77380
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Pharmacy
- Category: Pharmacy Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
PART-TIME/ .5 FTE
Days variable shift, Monday - Friday.
The hours would be 2 x 10 hr shifts or could be 4 x 5 hr shifts.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacist license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current one (1) year inpatient pharmacy experience or completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1)
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work and follow through on responsibilities
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload and technicians
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in computer Skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- PGY-2 in Infectious Diseases/ASP or experience in Antimicrobial Stewardship Program preferred
- NICU experience
The ASP Pharmacist responsibilities will include:
- Leading an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program that optimizes clinical outcomes, promotes cost effective therapy and improves care.
- Reporting and monitoring ongoing anti-infective utilization and identified metrics showing effectiveness of ASP program.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement regarding anti-microbial use and ASP communication.
- Performing medication use evaluations and prospective audits.
- Providing ongoing education to pharmacists, physicians, and other disciplines.
- Co-chair the Women’s and NICU Antimicrobial Stewardship Committees.
The Pharmacist will provide the professional, clinical and technical knowledge, and skills and expertise required for the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare. This Pharmacist position may potentially work within various pharmacy sub-specialties including women's health and NICU. This position may also be responsible for the oversight responsibilities for single and multiple department pharmacy related projects.
The Pharmacy department at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital provides 24 hour Pharmacy services for Women and Newborns. The newly remodeled Pharmacy includes a state of the art IV clean room with the Baxa ExactaMix® admixture system and DoseEdge® technology. We take pride in maintaining a progressive and innovative edge emphasized towards Patient Safety. We are fully automated with Pyxis® 4000 Medstations, including PARx® barcoding refill system and computerized physician order entry with Cerner®. Our Pharmacists are highly trained to provide specialized care for our Neonatal and Women’s population. We provide Pharmacy Pain Management and Pharmacokinetic services and play an active role in the hospital’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2013, SMBHWN received the Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (COEMIG) designation in recognition of their superior patient care.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Pharmacist, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, Infectious Diseases, PGY1, PGY2, Pharmacist jobs in San Diego, Clinical Pharmacist
No Agencies, Please.