Pharmacy Procurement Specialist
Job ID: 99118 Date posted: October 31, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- System Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Day Job
As the Pharmacy Procurement Specialist, you will assist with standardizing procedures and leading performance improvement projects to ensure compliance and provide cost effective savings opportunities related to the procurement and distribution of Pharmaceuticals across Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: System Pharmacy Services, Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hours day shift, no weekends.
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacy Technician license or Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, healthcare administration; or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in purchasing of pharmaceuticals, supplies and within the 340B program preferred.
- Computer skills are required, especially in the application of word processing, and excel spreadsheet including pivot and database creation and management in Access
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Pharmacy technician jobs in San Diego, 340B, pharmacy buyer
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”