Pharmacy Tech - IV Specialist/ Sharp HealthCare/ Per Diem
- Corporate Offices
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
What You Will Do
To assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical services that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare. Performs technical tasks involved in the preparation, documentation and distribution of intravenous medications. Provides operational, developmental, and quality assurance / improvement support for IV admixture programs.
- 1 Year experience in a hospital pharmacy environment.
- California Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy -REQUIRED
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board -PREFERRED
- Equipment maintenance and monitoring
- Monitors integrity of clean room environment and takes steps to assure maintenance of integrity.
- Facilitates and assures completion of all IV related departmental quality assurance documentation (hood / clean room particulate inspection, hood, room biological load, engineering controls, hood pre-filter changes, temperature logs, hood cleaning logs, tubing and IV solution changes, equipment setup, testing and calibrations etc.)
- Monitors hood inspection dates and facilitates inspection process.
- Assures that laminar hood pre-filters are checked each month and either cleaned or replaced as appropriate.
- Participates and assists management with assuring that employee process validation and end product testing of admixed products is up to date.
- IV preparation management
- Prepares all IV admixtures in strict accordance with established guidelines.
- Properly handles and prepares chemotherapeutic agents using the appropriate precautions in the Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC).
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classH.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board; California Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community