Pharmacy Technician - IV SpecialistJob ID 82628 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Staffing Resource Network
- Category: Pharmacy Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County. Flexible to float within the Sharp HealthCare system.
8 hour shift, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a certified Pharmacy Technician program
- Current Pharmacy Technician license in the state of California
- Two (2) years’ current Pharmacy Technician experience in Home Infusion or hospital pharmacy preferred
- Excellent aseptic technique for IV admixture compounding
- Minimum two (2) years clean room experience preferred
The Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision of a Pharmacist preparing and distributing IV admixtures and supplies in accordance to USP 797 sterile compounding regulations. They will assure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain inventory control by ordering supplies and medications as necessary.
This position is for the Sharp Central Pharmacy which compounds IV admixtures for all of the Sharp HealthCare hospitals.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Pharmacy Tech – IV Specialist, pharmacy tech jobs in San Diego, compounding, sterile, IV