Pharmacy Technician/ Sharp Memorial Hospital/ Variable Shift/ Per Diem
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
What You Will Do
Under the supervision of a pharmacist, provides technical knowledge, skill and expertise required for the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare. Position requirement must include the ability to perform a majority of defined tasks below.
- Other Education pursuant to licensure requirement.
- California Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy -REQUIRED
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year experience in hospital pharmacy environment.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board -PREFERRED
- IV preparation management
- Prepares all IV admixtures in strict accordance with established guidelines.
- Properly handles and prepares chemotherapeutic agents using the appropriate precautions in the Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC).
- Runs fill lists (IV labels) and organizes workload to accomplish all admixture tasks in time to meet established batch delivery times.
- Performs primary check of labeling to ascertain completeness of label according to established procedures.
- Always obtains pharmacist check prior to dispensing IV admixtures.
- Responds to special admixture requests to meet criteria established for STAT, ASAP and NOW IV admixtures.
- Recycles IVs where possible and removes expired products from circulation.
- Maintains IV area in a clean/orderly manner and restocks prior to the end of shift.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classH.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Other; California Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy; Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community