Pharmacy TechnicianJob ID 85621 Date posted 01/22/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Pharmacy
- Category: Pharmacy Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
PER DIEM NIGHTS
8 hours variable night shift, every other weekend.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Pharmacy Technician program
- Current unencumbered CA Pharmacy Technician license
- Knowledge of pharmacy terminology, trade, generic drug names, and metric system
- -Demonstrates proficiency with sterile techniques
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with basic computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current one (1) year Pharmacy Technician experience in an inpatient hospital pharmacy setting preferred.
The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist prepares and distributes new and refill medications including: unit dose cassettes, IV solutions, chemotherapeutic agents, controlled substances, outpatient prescriptions and special preparations requiring compounding. Supports automation technologies (Pyxis MedStation, Pyxis Profile, Automix, Euclid Re-packaging, PDX, etc.).
Sharp Memorial Hospital, the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms, is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 50 pounds with some lifting and moving of Pyxis equipment
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, pharm tech, pharmacy jobs in San Diego