Under the direction of a physical therapist, the Physical Therapy Assistant provides physical therapy care to patients with impaired functional mobility as a result of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, and/or cardiopulmonary involvement or injury to achieve maximum performance and optimum patient outcomes with Allscripts software. Acts as a primary resource in situations that relate to customer service and satisfaction. Shares and participates in fiscal, operational and performance improvement activities in agency.
Sharp Home Care coordinates an extensive array of cutting edge medical, nursing, rehabilitation, social and educational services to meet the unique needs of their clients. The Home Health Care Team consists of highly qualified professionals who provide for patient needs in the comfort of their home throughout San Diego County. All Sharp skilled professionals are registered, licensed or certified in their specific fields. Our team consists of nurses, therapists, social workers and health aides.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Care provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals throughout San Diego County. Sharp Home Care is San Diego’s largest home care agency, licensed and certified since 1983. The agency is part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, home to an array of comprehensive medical services and recipient of the 2007 prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for quality and organizational performance excellence.
Sharp Home Health - primarily Red Team which encompasses East county and South Bay; this position may be required to float to different Sharp Home Health locations in San Diego County
8 hour shifts; full-time position to work 8:00am - 4:30pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Valid CA Physical Therapist Assistant license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Proven knowledge of PT Assistant treatment methodologies
- Must be able to practice autonomously, utilize laptop for electronic record keeping and work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Effective and professional communication skills; must be customer service driven
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two or more years of experience in all aspects of Physical Therapist Assistant discipline
- Completion of a two year Association Degree in a Physical Therapist Assistant program
- Knowledge of physical therapy treatment methodologies in a certified home health agency
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Physical Therapy Assistant, PT Asst, PT Assistant, PTA, Home Health, Home Care, Healthcare