Physical Therapist IJob ID 79994 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: SRN Float Pool
- Category: Physical Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.8
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position will be required to float to different Sharp facilities in San Diego County
8 hour shifts, Part Time position to work variable days, hours and shifts, weekends as scheduled
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California State Physical Therapy license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One or more years of Physical Therapist experience in Acute, Sub-Acute, Rehab or Outpatient setting
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong Customer Service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an approved professional school or graduate of an accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy
The Physical Therapist I, evaluates plans, directs and administers physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
At Sharp we are committed to the continued advancement of rehabilitation services through research and technological innovations. We work hard to advance healing; minimize disability and promote independence, productivity and quality of life.
The Staffing Resource Network (SRN) is seeking experienced Physical Therapists to work the float pool. Work per diem status throughout the Sharp HealthCare system.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Physical Therapist I, Physical Therapist, SRN Physical Therapy