Physical Therapist IISend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76252 Date posted 09/27/2016
Requisition ID: 76252
- Facility: Sharp Home Health
- City: San Diego
- Department: HH East County Orange
- Category: Physical Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is based in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
-Will be part of an intra-departmental float pool encompassing five geographic clinical team locations across San Diego County.
-Will work primarily Home Health – East County - Orange Team
8 hour shifts; full-time position to work 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy or graduate of accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy
- Current CA State Physical Therapy license
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Two or more years of clinical experience in all aspects of Physical Therapy
- Ability to practice autonomously and work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Ability to utilize laptop for electronic record keeping
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of physical therapy evaluation and treatment methodologies in a certified home health agency
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Physical Therapist II provides skilled assessment, treatment and teaching to patients in their homes. Evaluates, plans and administers, physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, and instructs patients and caregivers in recommended therapy interventions to promote optimal developmental functioning. Coordinates care with team members and/or Case Manager, and communicates with physician(s) and clinical supervisor(s) regarding patient care. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
Sharp Home Care coordinates an extensive array of cutting edge medical, nursing, rehabilitation, social and educational services to meet the unique needs of their clients. The Home Health Care Team consists of highly qualified professionals who provide for patient needs in the comfort of their home throughout San Diego County. All Sharp skilled professionals are registered, licensed or certified in their specific fields. Our team consists of nurses, therapists, social workers, specialty consultants and health aides.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Care provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals throughout San Diego County. Sharp Home Care is San Diego’s largest home care agency, licensed and certified since 1983. The agency is part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, home to an array of comprehensive medical services and recipient of the 2007 prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for quality and organizational performance excellence.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Physical Therapist II, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy, PT, Home Health, home care