Physician Referral Specialist
Job ID: 105432 Date posted: October 09, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- Mktg - Consumer Info Svcs
- LVN Jobs
- Evening Job
- Per Diem
The Physician Referral Service at Sharp Healthcare is seeking a customer service-oriented LVN or RN to join the team of nurses who staff the 1-800-82-Sharp phone line. Our specially trained nurses manages inbound calls from the general public and assist callers in gaining appropriate physician, hospital, medical group and community referrals.
The Consumer Information Services/82-SHARP team consists of referral nurses and consumer information specialists that respond to telephone and Web inquiries for physician referrals, physician appointments, classes, seminars, events, screenings and general information about Sharp HealthCare. Each year, 82-SHARP manages approximately 100,000 calls and 75,000 Web transactions.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program, or an accredited Registered Nurse program
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing or current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Four years experience in a clinical setting or displays competency in standard nursing procedures
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to communicate professionally and with empathy; provides timely assessment of patient needs and makes appropriate referrals
- Computer knowledge and typing skills required
- Ability to handle approximately 50 calls a day and respond in a fast paced environment
- Two years clinical experience
- General nursing knowledge in Medical/Surgical, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Psychiatric Health or related clinical areas
- Call Center and Customer Service experience
- Experience with using Microsoft Office software
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”