Planning AnalystSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77425 Date posted 11/23/2016
Requisition ID: 77425
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Administration
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm,
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; emphasis in business administration, consumer marketing, market research
- Minimum 2 years prior health care, health insurance or public health research and planning with functional knowledge of consumer behavior, segmentation and experience principles
- Advanced level experience using Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and managing research projects, utilizing databases, integrating and translating information into high-value planning insights.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Proficient experience using secondary data sources, data visualization programs, contact management tools and digital/online survey research software programs.
- Well-developed quantitative skills and statistical competencies.
- High-level problem solving and complex scenario/critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both clinical and non-clinical audiences including Executive leadership.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Masters in health/public health administration or behavioral statistics
- Experience in California and/or highly managed care environment
The Planning Analyst is responsible for analytical and data integration and management functions related to customer strategy development, decision support, voice of the customer 360-insights and business operations and marketing planning for Sharp Health Plan. The Planning Analyst is passionate about data and customer information and loves finding needles of insight in haystacks. The Planning Analyst will design well-constructed and thoughtful analyses and work closely with leadership and staff across all the health plan divisions and collaborate with corporate/system peers to deliver actionable results.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished qualitative and quantitative analyst with experience working with large data sets and customer information. The Planning Analyst will be curious by nature and driven to discover impactful insights, delivering thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations and that ultimately help Sharp Health Plan transform the healthcare industry.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan. With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups and physicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providing unparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value.
As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: consumer marketing, market research, high-value planning, behavioral statistics, consumer behavior, Healthplans, public health