Job ID: 99450 Date posted: November 22, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Strat Sourcing and Contracting
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
The Procurement Specialist will provide professional knowledge of hospital and medical group acquisition for supplies, equipment, service, and cost effective standardization of routine purchases. Administer and direct processes to enhance quality, efficiency and cost effective programs in support of customer departments. Responsible for entering, managing, and maintaining contracts within Lawson. Provide recommendations in the acquisition of low spend/complexity supplies and services as assigned. Upload/maintain all agreements into ERP system, including supplies, service/lease/maintenance agreements as appropriate. Works closely with Analysts and Category Managers to implement supplier contracts. This position also helps to ensure stakeholders are aware of contracted obligations, changes, improvements, and conversions.
Sourcing and Contracting is a team of talented individuals responsible for the overall operation, planning and strategic direction of all system wide supply chain functions, purchased services, projects and priorities.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Contract Analyst, Value Analysis, MRO, Procurement Specialist, Buyer, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Healthcare, E-commerce, Sharp HealthCare, Sharp, San Diego, San Diego Jobs
This position will be in Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA.
Day shift - Full Time
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate's Degree is required.
- Valid California Driver's license.
- Minimum of (3)three years' experience in procurement and sourcing
- Familiarity with sourcing and contracting of supplies, services, leases, and maintenance contracts, and familiarity of the contracting process within Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs)
- Conversant with the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically MS Word, MS
Outlook and MS Excel. Knowledge of healthcare supply chain services of Materials Management Information System and E-commerce processes
- Knowledge of supply chain system including manufacturer, dealer, and distributor functions
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in contractual negotiations and functions optimally within a strategic sourcing model
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Healthcare industry experience
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of medical products and equipment and how they are used in healthcare
- Experience conducting competitive bidding initiatives via RFQs/RFPs and converting into executed contracts
- Strong familiarity with Lawson ERP system functionality/best practices and proper data maintenance
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”