Product Manager - Sharp Health Plan- FT- Telecommuter San Diego County
- Health Plan
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$49.377 - $63.712 - $78.048
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
- Completes Project Planning and Implementation
Develops approach and methodology for strategy execution.
Conducts a wide scope of analysis for assigned projects. Develops project plans and implements or oversees project execution.
Projects may include, but are not limited to, expanding product portfolio (POS, Medicare, HMO plan designs) and financing options (self-funding, flex-funding, and risk sharing) to achieve a competitive, sustainable, market-responsive, innovative, and diversified product portfolio.
- Product Management
Manages and communicates strategy, sales, market, and product changes and information internally.
Develops and maintains product database with product specifications.
Responsible for providing input and direction for member, broker and prospect communications, including marketing materials and advertising so product objectives are achieved.
- Analysis and Evaluation
Regularly performs pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs. Evaluates the risks, financial viability, and strategic opportunities of new and renewing business using established underwriting practices, market dynamics, competitive data, as well as the growth and financial targets of Sharp Health Plan.
Examines business trends, creates reports and makes recommendations based on this information. Provides senior management with advisory information to aid in decision making and effective, efficient delivery of Plan products and services.
Summarizes data and information and provides written and/or oral presentations regarding findings and recommendations.
- Strategic Vision and Planning
Works both independently and closely with senior management; assesses business needs; architects process and systems solutions; leads solutions implementation; measures results; and continually improves upon implemented solutions.
Stays abreast of changing regulatory, industry, and technology landscapes to identify potential new business opportunities and new technologies that will help the business operate more quickly and profitably.
- Facilitates Meetings
Attends and/or facilitates committee and other collaboration meetings for information and education, such as Benefits Advisory Council, product work groups, and other cross-functional meetings.
- Customer Service
Provides prompt, accurate and excellent services to internal and external customers.
Develops solid professional working relationships with various internal departments and units and, as required, vendors, providers, employers, brokers and/or other customers.
- Special projects
Leads special projects and other duties as assigned. These may include, but are not limited to, work groups, proposals, RFPs, product research, competitive intelligence, market analysis, presentations, and vendor management.
- Bachelor's Degree Health care, business, or related field.
- 5 Years Experience in position requiring high levels of cooperation, collaboration, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- 5 Years Research skills and experience producing executive summaries, presentations, proposals, and recommendations.
- 5 Years Advanced level experience using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- 3 Years Project management experience preferred in leading, motivating, and organizing team members.
- 2 Years Managed Care industry experience.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) - Various-Employee provides certificate -PREFERRED
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Various-No accreditation board -PREFERRED
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, outstanding communication/presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must apply strategic management skills in design, implementation, maintenance and operations of product initiatives.
- Excellent management skills are essential to lead, motivate, organize, and manage in-house staff, and technical and external clients to obtain project objectives.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community