Program Specialist - 340B - Central Pharmacy
Job ID: 94621 Date posted: March 28, 2019
- Centralized Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Day Job
The Program Specialist will ensure the 340B program at Sharp HealthCare is compliant with regulatory requirements, optimize operations, analyze financial performance, and further develop the program both in the hospital and contract pharmacy settings.
Currently Sharp HealthCare Central pharmacy division consists of a pharmacy department (Swisslog, Home Infusion, Hospice, Specialty Pharmacy, and Centralized Repackaging) and Nursing department with approximately 50 employees in both divisions. We are a provider of medications, supplies, medical equipment and nursing visits to patients in their home.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
- Bachelor's degree in health sciences or equivalent experience in healthcare environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the healthcare industry with one year experience in either retail or hospital pharmacy environment in a leadership position.
- Experience working with teams across the healthcare spectrum including pharmacies, vendors, information technology specialists.
- Knowledge of 340B regulations is highly desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access.
- Current unencumbered CA Pharm Technician license
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: 340B, pharmacy jobs in San Diego,
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”