Project Coordinator - ComplianceJob ID 84229 Date posted 11/13/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Operations
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8:00am-5:00pm, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in health care, business, law or related field
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations applicable to health plans and health insurance, and Medicare Advantage plans
- Knowledge of health plan operations
- Five years experience in position requiring high levels of cooperation, collaboration, analysis, troubleshooting, project management and problem resolution
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work well across business units to meet established goals and objectives
- Research skills and experience producing executive summaries, presentations, proposals, project plans and recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing of varied communication materials
- Ability to function independently, make sound decisions based upon thorough investigation of available information, manage deadlines and priorities, and manage a variety of activities simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with executive level positions both internally and externally
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree
The Project Coordinator - Compliance (Medicare) is responsible for monitoring, communicating, assessing and ensuring Sharp Health Plan’s compliance with laws and regulations related to Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans. Manages projects, solves problems and researches data to facilitate business activities. Reporting to the Manager, Medicare Compliance, the Project Coordinator - Compliance manages short and long-term projects that require organization, research, analysis, planning, development, communication and/or coordination. Serves as an advisor to the management team on assigned projects. Projects may also include audit preparation, compliance reporting, regulatory filings, policy and procedure development, and department training/education.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally-based commercial health plan. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value. With an NCQA Accreditation status of Excellent and a member satisfaction rating at the 90th percentile*, Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of individuals and companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties. The Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Department is responsible for ensuring Sharp Health Plan's compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.* Compared to all publicly reporting health plans nationally, Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Survey, 2017.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Incumbent spends approximately 4-6 hours per day sitting at desk, entering data on computer terminal and talking on telephone. Incumbent spends approximately 1-2 hours per day walking between Plan departments. Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone. Must be able to meet frequent deadlines and tight schedules. Must be able to lift 5 – 20 pounds, primarily paper reports and filing. Ability to travel between Sharp Health Plan, other Sharp HealthCare facilities, customer locations and community resources. Must provide own transportation.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Compliance, Project Coordinator, Medicare