Project Implementation Coordinator, Interface/Interoperability
Job ID: 103043 Date posted: July 01, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- ISD Interface/Interoperability
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Project Implementation Coordinator will be responsible for project coordination of Interoperability and Data Governance projects, in adherence to Sharp PMO guidelines. Experience with healthcare regulatory initiatives, data governance framework, and implementation projects in healthcare IT is strongly preferred. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating projects which involve multidisciplinary teams, scoping projects, monitoring issues, documenting risk and action items, ensuring stakeholders are informed, and meeting project deadlines on time and within scope. A successful Project Implementation Coordinator will display leadership abilities, balance the priorities of managing multiple projects concurrently, be able to work independently, as well as exercise prudent judgement in problem solving and decision making.
Experience, knowledge, and demonstrated ability in project management, process improvement, analytical problem solving, presentation and organizational skills, and effective communication are key traits for a successful candidate.
The Project Implementation Coordinator will also provide guidance to and mentor team members in process improvement and project management best practices. Familiarity with both waterfall and agile methodologies are preferred, along with proficiency with MS Project, Sharepoint, O365 tools, and Power BI.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three years of IT project experience and an understanding of project management fundamentals
- Understanding and experience developing project plans, scope documents and managing time lines following an approach such that project deliverables are thoroughly communicated to the client and deadlines are met
- Proven skill set in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers
- Ability to effectively work with Sharp management, staff, physicians, and contract personnel; to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with people, verbally and in writing; to achieve results for the organization with and through people; to practice good time management, and to demonstrate good leadership skills
- Must be able to calmly and professionally respond to frequent deadlines for reports and related tasks, and to prepare work and presentations on short notice
- Must be able to utilize effective problem solving techniques to develop quality services and resolve problems, while managing multiple work efforts in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related area preferred
- Experience or training in excess of three (3) years may be substituted for degree
- Experience with regulatory healthcare, data governance, and/or interoperability
- Proficiency in MS Project, SharePoint and Visio
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Previous experience working in a HealthCare Information Systems Department
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole