Project Manager - Facilities
Job ID: 95925 Date posted: May 24, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Fac Mgmnt & Development
- Facilities Jobs
- Day Job
This position provides planning, design, engineering and or construction support for the Facilities Management and Development Department. The Project Manager may be assigned to one (or more) of the Sharp Healthcare campuses to manage large and/or small capital improvement projects.
The Facilities Management and Development division provides strategic directions, coordination and project management services for facility construction and improvement projects. In addition, FMD is responsible for property management services relating to Sharp-owned and leased space, including lease negotiation and administration, as well as systemwide centralized records storage and archiving, courier services and postal processing. The department employs 19 project managers and three construction inspectors.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related curricular.
- Valid California Driver's License
- Five years of direct experience as a project manager in a facilities management role.
- Skilled in project management and development including effective interpersonal skills, effective and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to run effective meetings and hold others responsible.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and write accurate reports.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”