The Psych Social Worker is responsible for conducting behavioral health psychosocial assessments and clinical interventions, inclusive of individual, group, and family therapy. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, the Psych Social Worker coordinates patient care and provides case management for assigned patients.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem, Hours will vary, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- LCSW License
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Three years’ of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Acute psychiatric hospital experience
- Discharge planning/case management experience
- Experience and interest in working with Transitional Aged Youth (TAY)