Public Resource Specialist - PASSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76814 Date posted 10/20/2016
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: PAS Self Pay Rev Cycle Ops
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
- High School Diploma
- Three years hospital/clinic billing
- 40 WPM
- Excellent communication and data entry skills
- College experience
- Covered CA Certified Enrollment Counselor
- Notary preferred
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative Certification
- Customer service, collections, case management, social work experience
- Experience assisting individuals with the application process for public referral programs including Medi-Cal, CMS, SSI, Covered CA, etc.
- Working knowledge of Centricity, IDX and Authmed systems
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
The Access Service Representative acting in the capacity of a Public Resource Specialist (also known as a Financial Counselor) works in partnership with multiple departments and hospital staff, including case management and social work in order to assist unfunded and underinsured patients with funding and payment options to insure they receive the highest level of care at our facility.The Representative will screen patients for an in depth analysis of individuals specific needs and circumstances for the purpose of evaluating eligibility for public funding, payment options and programs beneficial to the patient.Representatives proactively support the hospital self-pay revenue cycle by utilizing effective communication skills and meeting with patients in face to face contact, email, and phone to screen them for available assistance. The PRS will use the Ability to prioritize and keep organized accurate information and navigate multiple databases.
Patient Access Services Self Pay Revenue Cycle Team is responsible for managing all receivable for financial classification 1; additionally the team is responsible for managing all onsite collections for balance after insurance. The department services in a system capacity; this job is located at Sharp Grossmont Hospital located in the Business office. This team consists of 25 FTE, Two Leads, and One Manager. FTEs are allocated to a facility, but are flexible in floating in between facilities as needed.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Public Resource Specialist, PAS, Access Service Representative, Financial Counselor, Sharp, Sharp HealthCare, Sharp Jobs, San Diego, San Diego Jobs