Radiation/Infusion Coordinator/Radiation Oncology/Outpatient Pavilion/FTE
- Outpatient Pavilion
What You Will Do
Provide for maximum organizational, administrative and supervisory support to the physicians, administration and staff in the Radiation Therapy Department.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 Years Experience with scheduling and insurance billing for medical services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with on-line computer, HMO, PPO and governmental insurance carriers/contracts
- Previous experience as front office staff in physician's office
- Financial accountability
Monitors and follow up on all monthly variances. Assists in the preparation for the annual department budget.
Acts as liaison to Patient Financial Services to ensure continuity in billing process between Sharp departments and maximize standardization in billing procedures.
Assures that department charges are completed in a timely manner with proper coding. Knowledgeable in therapy charges and their applications.
Collaborate with other staff members to ensure accurate billing.
Cross-trained and fully competent in all radiation billing and coding functions.
Able to utilize current computer system. Obtains pre-registration information on all patients and obtains authorizations as necessary.
Maintains a current fee schedule.
Responds to problem statements from business office and provides proper documentation to assist in collections.
Works with physician and admissions to negotiate payment arrangements for cash paying patients.
- Front desk support
Coordinates all front office responsibilities to include telephone, receptionists/scheduling,authorizations/referral, medical records charge entry and billing.
- General support
Develop or assist in drafting polices and procedures for all non-clinical areas. Assure compliance with all regulatory standards. Maintain primary files of all polices and procedures. Participate in preparation for and compliance with all JCAHO and other regulatory surveys.
Coordinate and oversee engineering facility repair orders for the department as needed.
Coordinate any communications/information systems problems/needs under the direction of the Manager. Oversee daily/weekly Information Systems reports and distribution.
Manage supplies and office equipment for department. No work delays due to missing or inadequate supplies.
- Quality assurance
Participates as a member of the Quality Assurance Committee within the department.
Participates in weekly chart round and reports findings. Participation necessary at 95% of meetings to ensure proper documentation.
Completes all annual safety requirements including safety modules, observes proper safety precautions. Evaluation based on review of journals kept in department.
Acts as prime liaison between Radiation Oncology Department and referring physicians' offices in coordinating appointments and obtaining all necessary information for physician to consult and initiate patient treatment.
Coordinates patient schedules with ancillary departments such as radiology, outpatient surgery, admitting and nursing staff, as necessary, to provide the most efficient patient care.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
- Need to knowledge of contracts, scheduling, HMO, PPO, and government billing guidelines for radiation therapy.
- General knowledge of office procedures and equipment, including computer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of CPT4 and ICD9 codes.
- Ability to record meeting minutes.
- Ability to follow physician's order and thorough knowledge of radiation therapy practice.
- General knowledge of radiology, lab and surgical procedures.
- Must work under minimal supervision and have ability to remain calm and exercise good judgment in stressful situations.
- Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
- Must have good telephone manners.
- Knowledge of community services for cancer patient referral.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Tagalong preferred.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classH.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community