Radiation/Laser Safety OfficerJob ID 83947 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: HR Employee Safety
- Category: Radiation Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters degree or higher
- Current Board certification by American Board of Radiology, American Board of Medical Physics, or American Board of Health Physics
- Minimum of three (3) years radiation safety program management experience
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Oncology
- Minimum of three (3) years of Laser safety program management
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical physics, medical radiation safety and medical laser safety
- Critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and staff.
This position will provide Sharp HealthCare entities with a consistency in regulatory compliance as required by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (supporting regulatory documents: 10 CFR20, 10 CFR35), The State of California Department of Health Services, Radiologic Health Branch (supporting regulatory documents: CCR Title-17), and the American National Standard Institute (supporting regulatory documents: ANSI Standards- ANSI Z136.1 and ANSI Z136.3) and the conditions of the license.
The Human Resources (HR) division provides workforce management for the Sharp system and is responsible for assuring legal and regulatory compliance in the areas of employment and labor relations (union and non-union employees). Specific components include operational support at each entity, systemwide recruitment (local, national and international), compensation and benefits evaluation to ensure competitive wages and benefits are offered, benefits administration, environmental health and safety, employee occupational health, employee assistance program, modified duty, and workers’ compensation administration.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed at time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Radiation Jobs, Safety Jobs, Laser Jobs, Medical Physicist, Sharp Jobs, Radiation Oncology Jobs, San Diego Jobs, Hospital Jobs, HealthCare jobs, Nuclear Medicine Jobs, Laser Safety Jobs, Employee Safety Jobs, HR Jobs