Radiologic Technologist - Fluoro ReqSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77412 Date posted 11/23/2016
Requisition ID: 77412
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Radiology Diagnostic
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; Full Time Position; To work Sunday through Thursday; Varied shift start times.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal X-Ray training program in an ARRT approved school and meets the required State/Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- Current California CRT and Fluoro license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast paced, trauma environment
- Proficient in performing all general X-Ray, Fluoroscopy and OR procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft based computer skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team oriented environment
- Minimum 1 Year experience as a Radiologic Technologist
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to coordinate Technologists and exams in multiple R&F rooms as well as Surgical C-arms
- Ability to communicate effectively with Physicians and RN's regarding patients and exams
- Knowledge of the following systems: Cerner Millennium, Fuji Synapse, Fuji CR, Shimadzu/Canon DR, Toshiba Kalare Fluoroscopy, GE Definium DR, GE AMX Portables, OEC 9800/9900 C-arm, Ziehm C-arm, Siemens Arcadis C-arm, Faxitron Biovision
The Radiologic Technologist produces high quality exams in compliance with department policy, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient, and quality care. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Verifies physician orders and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all paperwork. Adheres to all Sharp Healthcare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training within established time frames.
Sharp Memorial Hospital’s Radiology and Imaging Services brings together innovative technology, caring professionals and outstanding leadership to provide quality patient care. We offer radiology and diagnostic imaging services that tailor to the individual needs of our patients. We employ advanced state-of-art technologies and equipment in general radiology and fluoroscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine CT and MRI. Our San Diego based radiologists and professional staff care committed to providing accurate and safe assessments for patients in a compassionate and efficient manner. Our Radiology Team has a strong commitment to quality care and customer service.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Radiology Technologist II, Radiologic Technologist, Rad Tech, X-Ray Tech, Radiology Tech, Radiology Technologist