Radiologic TechnologistJob ID 85905 Date posted 02/03/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Radiology Diagnostic
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in the community of Serra Mesa in San Diego County
8 hour shifts; Per Diem position to work variable shifts; must be available to work all shifts (AMs, PMs, Nights); weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal X-Ray training program in an ARRT approved school and meets the required State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- ARRT and CRT licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Able to work independently with little supervision in a fast pace, trauma environment
- Able to perform all general X-Ray, Fluoroscopy and OR procedures
- Basic Microsoft based computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Clear and concise communication skill and problem solving skills
- Skills to work in a team oriented work environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a Trauma Hospital Setting
- If selected for employment, will be have to obtain CA State Fluoroscopy License within 6 months from hire date
The Radiologic Technologist produces high quality exams in compliance with department policy, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient, and quality care. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Verifies physician orders and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all paperwork. Adheres to all Sharp Healthcare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training within established time frames.
Sharp Memorial Hospital’s Radiology and Imaging Services bring together innovative technology, caring professionals and outstanding leadership to provide quality patient care. We offer radiology and diagnostic imaging services that tailor to the individual needs of our patients. We employ advanced state-of-art technologies and equipment in general radiology and fluoroscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine CT and MRI. Our San Diego based radiologists and professional staff care committed to providing accurate and safe assessments for patients in a compassionate and efficient manner. Our Radiology Team has a strong commitment to quality care and customer service.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Radiologic Technologist, Radiology Tech, Rad Tech, X-Ray Tech, Radiologic Technologist jobs, Radiology Tech jobs, Rad Tech jobs, X-Ray Tech jobs