Registered Nurse - Connect to Care Call Pod Triage
Job ID: 101660 Date posted: March 11, 2020
- SRS Administration
- Call Pod Triage RN
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Triage RN utilizes clinical experiences and expertise to assess and facilitate patient access. Responsible for triaging incoming calls from clients, assessing needs, giving appropriate clinical dispositions, and educating callers when appropriate regarding immediate care advice and preventative behaviors per electronic triage protocol program and SRS guidelines. Assists patients, staff and physicians as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to the designated patient population. Serves as technical nursing expert for assigned area.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in San Diego County. The department of Family Practice consists of 52 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 9 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Chula Vista, El Cajon, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
This position is located at Copley in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
- Minimum three (3) years RN work experience in related clinical area
- Must possess superiof nursing process skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Prior triage experience
- Leadership experience
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole