Registered Nurse - RN - Cardio
Job ID: 108986 Date posted: April 01, 2021
- SRS Central San Diego Admin
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Registered Nurse Cardio will work closely with a group of Cardiology providers, nurses and technicians in a fast paced outpatient clinic. Primary responsibilities will include working with a provider to deliver a team-modeled approach for excellent care. RN will be crossed trained in noninvasive diagnostic procedures including treadmill stress testing with and without imaging.
The department of Cardiology consists of 11 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 5 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego: Frost Street, Chula Vista, Rancho Bernardo, Del Mar and La Mesa.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County. Will also cover clinics in Rancho Bernardo and Mira Mesa.
10 hour day shift: 7:30am-6:00pm Mon-Fri and 7:30am-4:30pm select Saturdays
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum one (1) year RN work experience in Cardiology or Telemetry
- The ability to type 30 words per minute with 0-2 errors.
- Successful completion of conscious sedation training and testing.
- IV proficient
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Previous ambulatory experience
- Spanish in bilingual strongly preferred
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole