Registered Nurse - RN - Gastroenterology
Job ID: 106303 Date posted: November 21, 2020
- SRS Scripps Ranch
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Registered Nurse - RN assists patients, staff and physicians as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to the designated patient population. Assists with the leadership of the Nursing and Patient Service Representative Staff. Serves as technical nursing expert for assigned areas. Additional duties and responsibilities include: monitor patients, assist with multiple endoscopic procedures including colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, PEG tube placement, etc . Ability to work safely, quickly and efficiently in a very busy Endoscopy department.
The department of Gastroenterology consists of 11 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and has 2 medical clinic locations in San Diego (Health Center Drive and Scripps Ranch).
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
This position is located at Scripps Ranch, San Diego County
10-hour shift, 7am-6pm; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Nursing
- Current unencumbered CA RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum one (1) year RN work experience in related clinic area
- Endoscopy experience
- Excellent IV skills
- Successful completion of conscious sedation training and testing
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ambulatory Care experience
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole