Registered Nurse - RN
Job ID: 97359 Date posted: August 08, 2019
- SRS Sorrento Mesa
- Nursing Float Pool
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Registered Nurse – RN provides float nursing coverage of primary and specialty care clinics at 3 sites. This includes administering allergy antigens and phototherapy treatments under standard procedure.
The Nursing Float Pool department offers a great opportunity to train and practice in a variety of ambulatory care areas--Family medicine, Internal medicine, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Plastic surgery, Allergy clinic, Light and Laser Therapy, ENT, Neurology, Rheumatology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Endocrinology, Urology, MSK, Spine, Triage and Resource Nurse. Individuals with a friendly, “can do” personality that work well in a team environment are successful in this role.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position will float to Sharp Rees-Stealy Clinics located in Sorrento Mesa, Mira Mesa and Scripps Ranch, San Diego County
Variable 8-hour day shift, no weekends/holidays
*Calls made between 6-6:30am to inform of the shift. Start times vary between 7:00am-11:30am and end times between 4:00pm-8:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association
- One (1) year of related RN work experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole