Registered Nurse - RNJob ID 85794 Date posted 01/29/2018
- Facility: SRS Central San Diego Admin
- City: San Diego
- Department: Oncology/Hematology
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position will train for 1-2 months at the San Diego Main site, located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County, then transfer to Otay Ranch/Chula Vista.
8-hour day shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Registered Nurses (CA-BRN)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Minimum of one (1) year of RN work experience in related clinical area
- IV proficient
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Current ACLS certification or obtain within 90 days of hire
- Oncology experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
The Registered Nurse – RN will work with 6 Oncologists. Responsibilities include: IV hydration, Access Ports and PICC lines for draws and flushing, administer injections for Oncology patients, follow up calls to high-risk patients. New Patient Chemotherapy teaching. Maintain Intelli-dose data base. Triage for the department. Perform RN functions as needed. Practices nursing within the scope of practice as designated in the Business and Professions Code of California Nurse Practice Act, and maintains critical skills as outlined in scope of practice (i.e. IV skills). Maintains a productive and effective team and worker friendly environment. Identifies and assists with resolving issues regarding staffing and equipment needs. Partners with physicians in delivering the highest quality patient care and customer service. Acts as a role model, mentor, and resource in giving nursing care and in the development of nursing and Patient Service Representative staff. Utilizes opportunities for teaching with staff.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Registered Nurse - RN, oncology, chemo, ambulatory care, clinic