Respiratory Care Practitioner - RCPSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77219 Date posted 11/10/2016
Requisition ID: 77219
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Respiratory Therapy
- Category: Respiratory Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
12 hours variable shift, every other weekend.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or equivalent from CoARC accredited school
- Current unencumbered CA Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Current one (1) year RCP inpatient hospital experience
- Previous sleep experience required
- The ability to perform comprehensive evaluation and treatment of Sleep Disorders
- Must have complete knowledge of all aspects of sleep and its related disorders, as well as complete technical knowledge of sleep center equipment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with professional, technical and physician and office staffs
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Registered Polysomnography Technician (RPSGT)
- Sleep Disordered Specialty (SDS) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
The main function of this position is to work in the Sleep Center. The RCP will be responsible for high technical standards of all recording in the Sleep Center, as well as the coordination of the Center and reduction of Polysomnography data, EEG examinations and collection of information pertinent to the interpretation of tests. The Sleep Technologist, as part of the responsibilities, should attend local and national meetings on Sleep disorders Medicine and EEG testing as they apply to new developments in diagnosis, treatment and equipment.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) performs all aspects of Respiratory Therapy in a progressive, collaborative environment. We use advanced modes of Ventilation while performing Ventilator Management. The RPC will work in both Acute and Critical Care areas. Draw and analyze ABG's in all areas of the hospital. We operate under the shared governance model where important decisions are shared with and implemented through frontline staff.
The Respiratory Department provides all aspects of respiratory care to the Sharp HealthCare patients. Our large respiratory department is comprised of Advanced RCPs, RCP, Clinical Leads, Clinical Specialist, and clerical staff. The therapists have the ability to work in the ER, ICU and several other hospital units.
Our department fosters a team environment where we practice a patient center approach. Your respiratory expertise is valued as part of the patient’s quality care. Initiative, critical thinking, time management and strong interpersonal skills are behavior standards that we value in our department.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: RCP, Respiratory Care Practitioner, RCP jobs San Diego, sleep disorder tech, Registered Polysomnography Technician, RPSGT