RN Patient Navigator
Job ID: 107281 Date posted: January 12, 2021
- SRS Administration
- Patient Navigator Program
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This position serves as a single contact and initial resource for each newly diagnosed cancer patient. Responsible for coordination of multiple appointments for each patient while ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of available health care resources. The patient navigator coordinates and schedules services with other health care professionals and participates in the multidisciplinary approach for patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance to Sharp Rees-Stealy breast cancer patients.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in San Diego County. The Department of Oncology/Hematology consists of 6 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located at SRS Frost Street North, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Experience with breast cancer/women’s health.
- Understanding of performance improvement and research methodologies.
- Knowledge of utilization review criteria and health care finances.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills with the ability to interact with all customers.
- Assertive and articulate in difficult situations; skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Self-directed, autonomous, and able to set and achieve priorities.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Patient Navigator certificate
- Minimum three (3) years of RN work experience
- Knowledge and skill of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook preferred.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole