Please note this is as Night shift position.
The Healthcare Per Diem Security Officer will conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior). Control access, monitor CCTV and alarm systems, compose reports deter criminal activity and misconduct, and perform other duties as specified in post orders.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position will float to Sharp HealthCare locations in San Diego County
***NIGHT SHIFT POSITION.***
**THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME POSITION AND IS A NON- BENEFITED POSITION.
**YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED HOURS, YOUR HOURS CAN VARY FROM 0 – 80 PER PAY PERIOD.
Per Diem Night position = Night variable start and stop times of shift. Including every other weekend.
8 hours usual NIGHT shift, but may work 4 hour shifts as needed.
Will work at various healthcare assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice to cover call offs, vacation leaves, and/or extra coverage requests.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Current California Security Guard Card
- Valid California Driver's License
- Must meet all requirements of Sharp HealthCare Driver Guidelines to include ongoing motor vehicle report (MVR) review and insurability through Sharp HealthCare
- Knowledge of penal codes
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to write and compose incidents reports and daily logs utilizing correct English grammar and composition
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Law enforcement, military or prior security experience in a health care setting
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable and successful security experience
- Service in Auxiliary Police or Police Cadets
- College course in Criminal Justice, Sociology, and Psychology desirable
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Security jobs in San Diego, Security, Police, Law, Enforcement, Guard Card, security officer jobs in San Diego, security guard jobs in San Diego