Security Officer IISend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 72339 Date posted 04/01/2016
Requisition ID: 72339
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Staffing Resource Network
- Category: Security Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position will float to Sharp HealthCare locations in San Diego County
Per Diem position - Variable start and stop times of shift. Including every other weekend.
Will work at various healthcare assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice to cover call offs, vacation leaves, and/or extra coverage requests.
8 hours usual shift, but may work 4 hour shifts as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid California Driver's License
- Current California Security Guard Card
- Must meet all requirements of Sharp HealthCare Driver Guidelines to include ongoing motor vehicle report (MVR) review and insurability through Sharp HealthCare
- Knowledge of penal codes
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to write and compose incidents reports and daily logs utilizing correct English grammar and composition
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- College course in Criminal Justice, Sociology, and Psychology
- Law enforcement, military or prior security experience in a health care setting
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable and successful security experience
- Service in Auxiliary Police or Police Cadets
The Healthcare Per Diem Security Officer will conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior). Control access, monitor CCTV and alarm systems, compose reports deter criminal activity and misconduct, and perform other duties as specified in post orders.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Security, Police, Law, Enforcement, Guard card, security guard jobs in San Diego