Senior Accountant / Full Time / Sharp Corporate
- Corporate Offices
Shift Start Time:8:30 AM
Shift End Time:5:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:Flexible
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
To provide, direct and coordinate accounting services and activities of one operating unit and other areas of responsibility. Responsible for providing management with accurate and timely financial statements; providing direction and training in accounting procedures and reporting systems to operating unit(s) and other accounting personnel; preparation of all Federal and State income tax filings and sales tax. Analyze and reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Assisting accountable individuals in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other equivalent degree or related experience.
- 5 Years experience at a senior accounting level, preferably within a healthcare environment.
- Experienced with microcomputers and automated accounting systems.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - CA Board of Accountancy -PREFERRED
Presents accurate and complete financial statements at monthly "FARM" (Financial Analysis and Review Meeting), including concise and meaningful supporting analyses.
Prepares quantitative and qualitative analyses by Board meeting deadlines.
- Annual audit schedules
Prepares annual audit schedules and provides other audit assistance as required and/or effectively supervises Accounting Associate in the preparation of such schedules.
- Complete all special projects
Completes accurate financial questionnaires, surveys and reports for customers by stipulated deadline. Assists with special projects as requested by customers.
- Demonstrates dependability and teamwork
Completing assigned duties in a safe, cost-effective manner.
Using and planning personal leave time according to departmental guidelines.
Accepting interpersonal differences and promoting cooperation with fellow employees.
Working with Senior and Accounting Associates in prioritizing workload.
Mintaining confidentiality of information to which he/she is privileged.
- Monthly account analysis and reconciliations
Prepares account analyses and reconciliations on a monthly basis including, adequate supporting documentation and/or effectively supervises Accounting Associate in the preparation of such schedules.
- Prepares federal and state tax returns
Prepares annual Federal and state-tax returns by completion date and assists with tax research and other tax matters as requested.
- Prepares journal entries
Prepares monthly journal entries necessary to account for all financial transactions with appropriate supporting documentation and/or effectively supervises Accounting Associate in the preparation of such entries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, as well as prepare concise, accurate and meaningful reports.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to keep neat, accurate and concise records.
- Knowledge of procedures for preparing financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficient with MS Excel.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classBachelor's Degree; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - CA Board of Accountancy
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community