Senior Analyst - Revenue Cycle AnalyticsJob ID 82338 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Rev Cycle QA & Sys Integration
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa.
Full time (1.00); 8-hour day shift; department flex times are: 7:30am to 9am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in revenue cycle, finance or accounting with at least two years in the healthcare industry
- Previous revenue cycle analysis, and revenue cycle/financial applications experience
- Report writing/development experience
- Proven ability to write in required query languages (FDL, SQL, etc)
- Experience creating dashboard user interfaces highly desirable
- Knowledge of revenue cycle operations, accounting principles, reimbursement methodologies, contracting techniques, current healthcare issues, healthcare terminology, statistical reporting, and healthcare financial systems with specific knowledge of information technology as it relates to revenue cycle and relational database systems
- Ability to analyze data and prepare concise revenue cycle reports
- Ability to understand, develop, and enhance spreadsheet and database applications for specific revenue cycle modeling, with proficiency in Excel, Access and Merlin
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all internal and external customers including management, staff, and physicians
- Experience and proficiency in preparing and conducting presentations and training programs
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related business field is preferred or equivalent revenue cycle experience in a hospital system/healthcare environment.
This position is to enhance hospital revenue cycle operations by assisting the ICD Revenue Cycle leadership in establishing key performance indicator goals, and analysis of revenue cycle performance. This role consults with and mentors the ICD Revenue Cycle team to ensure the ongoing development, monitoring and effectiveness of ICD revenue cycle performance analytics. Maintains a current and comprehensive knowledge of revenue cycle initiatives and regulatory changes and develop monitoring and alerting methodology and tools to support optimum performance.
Seeks out required data for problem analysis and resolution. Uses sound knowledge of revenue cycle operations and strategic initiatives, translates business requirements into reporting tools and dashboards.
Enables the use of predictive analytics to identify root cause and emerging trends and communicates the potential effect of proposed solutions. Analyzes and implements an effective suite of revenue cycle reporting tools to identify revenue cycle opportunities, measure the effect of change, and support improved decision making. Monitors department KPI and productivity performance and assists managers in achieving goals. Researches issues or questions brought forward by revenue cycle leadership and provides meaningful interpretation of results identifying patterns/trends or significant findings. As necessitated by emerging requirements or upon interpretation of results, creates and presents revenue cycle focused visual output of information to support effective communication of relevant information. Stays current with new technologies in order to optimize flow of data, data analysis, and reporting including any new software or database architecture/technology acquired by Sharp Healthcare. Facilitates implementation of technical solutions, utilizing other Sharp resources as necessary, as necessitated by process map or other project requirements. Oversees user acceptance testing on all programmatic and analytical solutions to ensure revenue cycle requirements are met. If developed solution will be part of a new workflow, ensures that the solution is efficiently integrated into that workflow.
Acts in a mentoring role to promote team development. Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on data analysis and revenue cycle operations. Mentors other staff members and teams regarding tools & systems supported and revenue cycle operations. Demonstrates content expertise regarding applications and revenue operations, receiving satisfactory team feedback. Manages team expectations and priorities through effective communication and interaction. Resolves conflicts with team expectations and department issues. Represents the revenue cycle team in various analytics forums that focus on revenue cycle centric data (Merlin users group, etc). Independent worker with ability to make sound judgments based on a wide spectrum of distinct issues and work with no supervision.
Demonstrates consistent and effective application of Project Management techniques. Determines and plans for appropriate project task support and task communication. Develops resource allocation, scheduling requirements and project requirements for a comprehensive project plan using knowledge of IS Guiding Principles. Determines accurate scope, definition, and charter for revenue cycle data projects and initiatives. Completes and maintains an Issues list for all projects. Analyzes needs in order to complete functional specifications per department standards. Completes lessons learned documentation and client surveys as needed. Identifies the need for and implements appropriate change control procedures/documentation. Establishes and completes project documentation requirements in a timely manner. Establishes project timelines and completes projects within promised timeframes. Completes project status reports and keeps revenue cycle leadership informed of project status.
Coordinates preparation and presentation of three to four revenue cycle education classes for management and staff. Trains new revenue cycle leaders in database tools and techniques in order to maximize user effectiveness and utilization of systems. Mentors junior staff members regarding programming and solution-design best practices. Analyzes department needs to develop a workable training plan and executes training plan appropriately.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Senior Analyst - Revenue Cycle Analytics ICD