Senior Development Officer - Communications and Digital Strategy
Job ID: 99511 Date posted: November 27, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Foundation Payroll
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
The Senior Development Officer will be responsible for overseeing development, execution and evaluation of comprehensive integrated marketing and communications and digital fundraising and engagement strategies and processes to promote awareness and drive consistent giving in support of major initiatives and multi-year and annual campaigns aligned with the system-wide philanthropic priorities of Sharp HealthCare.
This includes management of coordinated development, production and deployment of all campaign materials and print and digital fundraising communications and appeals across the system; continual improvement of digital systems, processes and workflows to increase efficiencies and ROI in partnership with system IT and web development teams; training and supporting staff of all three Foundations to further their missions and priorities; and collaboration with system marketing teams to elevate awareness and success of philanthropy at Sharp.
Sharp HealthCare Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic organization raising and managing funds for Sharp Chula Vista as part of the Sharp HealthCare system. Sharp HealthCare is San Diego County's most comprehensive not-for-profit health care organization, reaching over 800,000 individuals each year. The Sharp integrated network includes centers of excellence in cardiac care, cancer care, trauma services and orthopedic services. Through a comprehensive development program that includes major gifts, planned gifts, annual giving, special events, individual donors and grants, Sharp HealthCare Foundation supports the patient care, community health and research function of Sharp entities. Sharp Chula Vista is undertaking a major capital campaign to raise funds to build a new patient care tower.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego
Full Time, Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- In-depth knowledge and working history of developing and executing marketing, communications and digital engagement campaigns from both technical and creative standpoints.
- Understanding of the use of data, testing, research and other evaluation tools in developing strategy and measuring effectiveness.
- Highly organized with strong project management, writing and communications skills.
- Advanced technical proficiency in content management (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems and integration — including Blackbaud NetCommunity and Raiser’s Edge — with the ability to quickly learn new software solution products and understand the integration of systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and function as a member of team as well as managing competing priorities in changing development and corporate environment.
- Attentive to detail and able to maintain a high level of accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive “can-do” attitude.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience with foundation or nonprofit marketing, communications and digital fundraising.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”