Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: 99688 Date posted: December 09, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Finance Jobs
- Day Job
Assists Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer in analysis of financial data by department, service line, and procedure. Supports process improvement, business development, and improved decision making by providing fiscal impact data, identifying financial opportunities, and measuring effects of change. Assist in preparation of annual department operating and capital budget.
Financial Analysis and Budget Preparation for integrated campus consisting of 4 hospitals, outpatient services, and home health care.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s large and modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Full Time - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/Economic or a finance experience in a healthcare industry may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of finance or accounting experience with at least two (2) years in a healthcare industry.
- Must have experience with budgeting analysis and financial applications.
- Knowledge of finance, terminology, and statistical reporting
- Knowledge of information systems as it related to accounting systems.
- Math skills to solve and analyze accounting and financial problems, calculate percentages, per unit values, variances, and percentage increases and decreases
- Ability to handle confidential details while exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Personal initiative as exhibited by utilizing time between routine workloads, assisting co-workers with varying tasks, and asking supervisor for additional tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone interactions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff as well as with external agencies.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”