Senior Programmer Analyst, Interface/Interoperability
Job ID: 96316 Date posted: June 15, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- ISD Interface/Interoperability
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Sr. Programmer Analyst, Interfaces utilizes toolkits, utilities, and programs, to support, enhance, and maintain vendor supplied applications. This role is responsible for application programming, consulting with users and stakeholders to determine software, business, and system functional specifications. The Sr. Programmer analyzes complex requirements, designs, builds, and evaluates existing or proposed solutions, prepares specifications and diagrams, and logic flowcharts. Programs, tests, documents and implements complex scripts, reports, interfaces, applications, data fed dashboards, and utility jobs. Brings competency to programming duties required to support Sharp’s environment in a highly available manner. Promotes the effective and efficient use of programming resources and facilitates client workflows. Will manage IT project initiatives, provide planning activities, and act as a mentor to peers. Exercises discretion with independent thought and judgment. Ability to work independently and meet deadlinesKnowledge and/or experience with patient related interface development, Cloverleaf Interface Engine, Cener Open Engine, clinical and management applications such as Cerner PowerChart, GE Centricity and Allscripts Touchworks
- Minimum of five (5) years with increasingly responsible relevant programming/applications design experience that included leadership responsibilities.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a health care environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business or related area preferred. Relevant Experience in excess of five (5) years or appropriate certifications may be substituted.
- Working understanding of HL7 and interface engines.
- Experience with AIX, VMS or Linux servers
- Experience with interface engines
- Cloverleaf Level 1 or above
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as tcl, perl, powershell
- Experience with Windows servers
- Experience with SQL or SQLite
- Experience with multiple clinical applications, such as General Electric Centricity Business, Cerner, Allscripts
- Project Management experience.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole