Senior Project Manager - Facilities
Job ID: 95889 Date posted: May 23, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Fac Mgmnt & Development
- Facilities Jobs
- Day Job
- Delivery of program scope in compliance with the CBC and Sharp contracting and construction policies
- Budget compliance
- Schedule compliance
- Infection Prevention compliance
- Management of Owner requested changes in order to ensure Budget and Schedule compliance, and Coordination of the clinical users and the Engineering department to plan, coordinate and minimize disruptions
- Responsible for budget compliance with all assigned capital projects, schedule management, and management of change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management is required.
- Business Administration or other related curricular.
- Current California a Driver’s License
- Minimum ten (10) years of direct experience in a similar position required with a minimum of five (5) years' experience managing the design and construction California hospital projects (OSHPD).
- Strong demonstrated track record in the design and construction of acute care facilities in California, in the moderate to mega construction cost range of $10M to $100M+. This track record must include project delivery on or under Budget and on or ahead of schedule.
Knowledge of the following:
- Architectural and Engineering design (including construction document coordination with shop drawings)
- Health care design requirements
- OSHPD policies and procedures during both the permitting and construction phases
- Bidding and Contracting
- Cost estimating
- Architecturally Significant Medical Equipment (including Just-In-Time procurement and delivery)
- Management of Budgets
- Management of Schedules (including knowledge of constructability sequencing options and schedule recovery strategies)
- Management of Owner Changes to ensure compliance with the approved Budget and Schedule
- Coordination of activities to minimize disruption in operating health care facilities Inspections for CBC code (especially Type I requirements)
- Infection Control compliance (during both the design and construction phases)
- Commissioning, Punching, Contract Close-Out and Move-Ins, and Conflict resolution and team building.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Evidence-based healing design
- Design Build project delivery and/or other “Lean” project delivery options
- Ability to establish priorities and follow through on projects, paying close attention to detail with minimal supervision. Ability to collect and analyze data and write accurate reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with various personalities within the Sharp HealthCare system.
- Must be able to develop a means to keep others informed of progress on project and items that need a decision.
- Effective and concise written communication skills.
- Ability to run effective meetings so that all participants are kept informed and held accountable for their responsibilities.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”