Senior System Analyst, Ambulatory EMRJob ID 83841 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: ISD Ambulatory EMR
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
- 8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional weekends
- On call includes some evenings, nights and weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Requires bachelor’s degree in healthcare, information systems, or related field or appropriate certifications may be substituted. Relevant experience in excess of five (5) years.
- Five (5) years of experience in a health system or related subject matter experience
- Minimum of (3) years in a systems analyst role
- Knowledge of clinical and business operations in a healthcare environment. Knowledge of hospital and clinic culture, regulatory requirements (e.g., JCAHO), and health care requirements as it relates to information security and privacy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Must have strong leadership skills and experience.
- Proficiency in the applications supported by the department, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and Project Web App
- System configuration, testing and HL7 knowledge supporting Cerner REG, Centricity/GECB EWS, VM and MPI or any other HIS system with similar functionality
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Professional Certifications (2 preferred): Certifications that portray advanced level of proficiency relevant to the job responsibilities
- Project Management experience
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
The Senior Systems Analyst will work closely with the front end user community in developing, testing and implementing various aspects of system modules that support Sharp patient access services across the enterprise. Individual will also support other niche applications, ensuring the system updates are applied and coordinating activities related to upgrades.
The IT Application ACCESS Team is an experienced group of analysts dedicated to the support of Sharp Acute Care Specialty Hospitals, Sharp Rees Stealy (SRS) Medical Offices and Sharp Community Connect. A dynamic group of individuals, the Sharp IT department is a great place to learn, produce, and have fun while delivering quality results and success to our customers.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Systems Analyst, GE Centricity Business, IDX, Flowcast, VM, EWS, Scheduling, Patient Access Services, Sharp HealthCare, IT jobs, San Diego jobs