Senior System Analyst, Ambulatory EMRJob ID 84592 Date posted 11/29/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: ISD Ambulatory EMR
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
- 8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional weekends
- On call includes some evenings, nights and weekends
- Employee can opt in to an alternate work schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as Computer Science, Business Administration, Nursing, or Health Care Administration preferred, relevant experience in excess of five (5) years may be substituted.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with systems analysis and/or computer system support activities is required.
- Work experience that included project manager responsibilities and system analysis is required.
- Knowledge of clinical and business operations in a healthcare environment. Knowledge of hospital and clinic culture, regulatory requirements (e.g., JCAHO), and health care requirements as it relates to information security and privacy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Work experience with clinical systems required.
- Strong problem solving analysis required.
- Strong leadership skills with internal and external customers required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a health system.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a Systems Analyst role.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification.
- Professional Certifications (2 preferred): Certifications that portray advanced level of proficiency relevant to the job responsibilities.
- Work experience with EHR systems (i.e. Enterprise/Touchworks EHR)
- Project Management experience
The Senior System Analyst on the Ambulatory EMR team will analyze customer requirements and translate them into solid system design, with an emphasis on enhancing productivity and standardized workflows. Individual will initiate and complete documentation including project plans, change management, creative training resources and support documents. Will help with key Ambulatory and Pharmacy initiatives. The initiatives include ongoing build and system support involving the Enterprise/Touchworks application, Ophthalmology, Urgent Care, Pharmacy applications and Employee Occupational Health Department. This position offers exciting opportunities for analysis and development of Health Information Exchange (HIE) and Connected Community initiatives.
The Ambulatory EHR team consists of 14 IT professionals whose key responsibilities are customer on-call support, testing and documentation of issues for vendor resolution, design, testing and build with new releases, workgroup participation to plan for added features and changes in workflow, coordination with EHR Training Team and SRS Operations, Pharmacy Applications and coordination with other teams within IS for planning and testing. Enterprise/Touchworks is the EHR program used by Sharp Rees-Stealy (SRS) for their electronic charting and record keeping.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Incumbent spends 5-6 hours per day sitting at desk, computer terminal or meeting table. Use telephone frequently; must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone. Must be able to calmly and professionally respond to deadlines for reports and related tasks, and to prepare work and presentations, sometimes on short notice. Must be able to respond calmly and professionally in situations involving conflict. Must be able to travel between Sharp entities and other locations in a timely way.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.