Senior System Analyst, Cerner EMR
Job ID: 107424 Date posted: January 21, 2021
- Sharp HealthCare
- ISD Cerner EMR
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Senior System Analyst on the Nursing Support Team will help lead key initiatives and provide ongoing system support involving Cerner Millennium and other supported applications. They will interpret functional requirements into application design and be able to communicate technical issues to non-technical users/clients. They will design, build, implement, and support enhancements of applications demonstrating good leadership skills and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects using applied principles of project management.
The Nursing Support team provides a comprehensive approach to the support of the hospital clinical care team, ensuring optimal design, configuration and integration of PowerChart and FirstNet solutions, CareAware Connect Mobile solutions, FetaLink, VitalsLink, Infusion Suite, Millennium Mobile and much more. The team collaborates with clients, vendors, teammates and other divisions across IT to meet customer, regulatory and IS infrastructure requirements for implementations and upgrades. The team analyzes system problems, uses creativity to provide viable customer solutions, writes and executes detailed test plans, and creates thorough documentation for issues escalated through the Technical Assistance Center. All Cerner teams participate in an on call rotation for issues escalated through the Technical Assistance Center.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour day shift, on-call rotation; evenings and weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Five (5) years of experience with systems analysis
- Clinical Systems experience
- Cerner Systems experience
- Strong problem solving/analysis and customer service skills
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field; relevant experience in excess of five (5) years’ or appropriate certifications may be substituted
- Five (5) years of experience in health care
- Experience in a healthcare position that included systems analysis and/or computer systems support activities
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole