Senior System Analyst, Clinical Systems
Job ID: 98909 Date posted: November 07, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- ISD Clinical Systems
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Sr. Systems Analyst role within IT is responsible for systems analysis, consulting with users and stakeholders to determine software and system functional specifications. This role focuses on application support, enhancement, design, build, and implementing more complex changes and resolving more complex issues. Possess expertise in application functional use and design, development, documentation, analysis, modification and testing. Brings competency to application and administration duties required to support Sharp’s environment in a highly available manner. Promotes the effective and efficient use of computing resources and facilitates client workflows. Will manage IT project initiatives, provide planning activities, and act as a mentor to peers. Exercises discretion with independent thought and judgment. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
The Cardiology & Perioperative Systems Support Team consists of dedicated information systems professionals with domain and system expertise in Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Neurology, Perioperative network and interface protocols, project management, and process development.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three to Five (3 - 5) years’ Cerner systems experience
- Skills in utilizing MS Office Suite, MS Project, database management, scripting, flowcharting and project management tools
Skills in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Sharp management, staff, physicians and vendors
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Relevant experience in excess of five years or appropriate certifications may be substituted
- Healthcare position that included systems analysis and/or computer systems support activities
- Work experience with Cerner Millennium, workflows and process
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole