Service Desk RepresentativeSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75175 Date posted 08/02/2016
Requisition ID: 75175
- Facility: Sharp HealthPlan
- City: San Diego
- Department: Finance
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour Day shift: On- call and weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, College degree in the field of Computer Science or Library/Information Sciences and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL or other IT best practices frameworks
- Working knowledge of computer applications, MS Office, Desktop Operating Systems, Windows, Outlook
- Knowledge of database platforms, including Excel and SQL server
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel), excellent organizational skills and must have great customer service skills. Some knowledge of web tools, asp, .net, Interdev, IIS, source-safe desirable.
- Experience with Helpdesk tracking software, Tack-IT, Remedy, Service Cloud.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Organized and flexible individual should be able to perform multiple tasks with varying priorities and have the ability to execute complex verbal and written instructions.
- Takes initiative to work independently with minimum supervision, to complete projects in an efficient manner.
The Service Desk Representative is responsible for providing first level support and triage for all system users at Sharp Health Plan on a variety of issues related to application platforms, network access, user accounts and business issues related to information technologies. Work closely with Sharp HealthCare Information System Department and Technical Assistance Center to triage issues to the corporate help desk and follows up to ensure that all user issues are resolved.
Sharp Health Plan offers a variety of coverage options that combine affordability and choice, while delivering high quality health care and personal service. We provide health insurance for companies of all sizes throughout the region. Members have access to valuable plan enhancements, such as interactive wellness resources, dental discounts and our exclusive global emergency services program.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan. With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups and physicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providing unparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as a not-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care for the best value.
As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies, large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: database driven, web applications, programming languages,ASP, VB Script, ASP.Net, VB.Net, SQL queries,SQL databases.